This beef chorizo con camote (sweet potato) taco recipe is another great recipe from the Garza family. I especially like the idea of the added “camote” in this recipe. Sweet potatoes are a great healthy starch and are so flavorful. I like their texture along side the chorizo and it keeps me full longer.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup coconut oil or pasture raised pork lard
- Heat oil or lard in a medium size skillet.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes in the heated oil or lard and fry until browned. and tender.
- Remove cooked sweet potatoes from skillet and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt then set aside.
- Place the ground beef, ½ teaspoon of salt, the cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large skillet and cook until well done.
- Add chili powder and apple cider vinegar to the cooked beef and simmer for 3-4 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and simmer for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Serve with warmed paleo friendly Siete tortillas.