This Paleo Turkey Meatballs recipe is perfect for busy paleo cooks! It’s the sort of item you can make well ahead of time and freeze and then just pop right into your favorite paleo spaghetti sauce. I personally love to serve these on top of zucchini linguini spirals after tossing the noodles with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. If you do dairy, top it all off with some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 16-ounce package ground dark turkey meat (1 pound) – DO NOT USE TURKEY BREAST
- ¼ cup grain-free nut flour (I use blanched almond flour)
- OPTIONAL: 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos or use wheat- free Tamari
- 1 egg
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- *your spices can be altered to your own taste and preferences, however you may need to increase your liquid if you increase your spices in order to keep the meatballs moist.
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Form 1-inch balls with your hands.
- Place in glass pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain off liquid.