Not only is this delicious, paleo and gluten-free, raw cabbage recipe a great source of probiotics, but if also doubles as an ideal clean snack. This recipe is easy and fun to make, and a terrific gift suggestion for the holidays. This is fun food as far as veggie/side recipes go!
- Kefir starter grains (I personally use the ones sold by Body Ecology but Judy uses plain old dairy free acidophilus pills by ReNew)
- An assortment of vegetables such as cabbage and celery, shredded fine, or any veggies of your choice (I use about 4 cups of shredded vegetable per one packet of kefir)
- OPTIONAL: A bit of shredded apple (I personally do not use this)
- Mix kefir starter grains with veggies and apples and some liquid, such as water or vegetable juice, covering the mixture well with a lid or plastic.
- After 3 days, transfer to the refrigerator.
- After another day or two, it should be ready.