The creation of my Paleo Waffles OMG came as a trial and error in my kitchen from a variety of pancake mixes I was testing. It is rather easy to tweak a pancake recipe to become a waffle recipe so I gave it a try and Voila, Paleo Waffles OMG. I was star-struck at how well these turned out, how they cooked and most importantly how they tasted.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl (leaving out the oil).
- Sift all your dry ingredients in one mixing bowl.
- Combine both bowls and mix very well by hand.
- Oil your waffle maker.
- Follow your machine’s instructions and do not over fill your waffle maker.
- Add additional palm or coconut oil as needed to prevent sticking.
- Serve warm immediately.
- Serve with berries and honey, maple syrup, sugar-free syrup or with ghee and syrup, or ghee alone.
For kids you can make small waffle dollops on the iron to make Mickey Mouse waffles. They will love to make eyes, ears and lips with fruit and such.
These re-heat well in the microwave at 5-10 seconds, all depending on your microwave, yet will burn if you toast them too high and will become a bit dry and crispy.