It can be pretty easy to let oneself go a bit overboard over the fall and winter holidays. I know I can be guilty of this! But, why not enjoy yourself while still sticking to your regimen and diet? That is why I am sharing this healthy version of pumpkin spice muffins. This was contributed by Michelle Francis of the ZenSweet Company. Be sure to email her at ZenSweetCo@gmail.com if you have any questions about it!
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ZenSweet
- 2 cups almond meal or flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup of 90% chocolate bar pieces or 1 cup of pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix the first four liquid ingredients together: pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a bowl until well blended.
- Add the ZenSweet and mix until fluffy.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and stir well.
- Gently fold in the optional ingredients if you’d like.
- Grease or line your muffins tins with cupcake wrappers.
- Use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute the batter between 18 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins sit and cool for at least 10 minutes before removing.
- I know this is difficult, but they stay firm with cooling.