This crust recipe is a delicious and easy paleo recipe contributed by Elana Amsterdam from her publisher Ten Speed Press from her amazing cookbook, Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry.
- Makes one 9-inch crust
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Spectrum all-vegetable shortening
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, pulse together the almond flour and salt. Pulse in the egg and shortening, then pulse in the shallots until the dough forms a ball. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch metal tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until the crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before filling.