Enjoy this easy recipe for making your own ghee at home. Ghee is a great replacement for butter, especially for those who are casein or lactose intolerant.
- 1–2 pounds of grass-fed butter
- Place 1 to 2 pounds of butter in a saucepan on low heat.
- Melt until white curds separate and sink to the bottom.
- Do not stir!
- When a drop of water flicked into the pan boils immediately, the ghee is done.
- Discard the curds and store in a jar.
- If kept out of contact with water, ghee needs no refrigeration.