Think of New York style crispy pizza crust, that crispy bottom that holds the pizza just right and then the topping of your choice! Ok, now I have your full attention right?! Well this is the real deal folks. Use any topping and you will have the pizza of your dreams. I used tomato sauce, cherry tomatoes, sautéed brussels sprouts, turkey breakfast sausage, pepperoni and a little Pecorino Romano (sheep only).
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Otto’s Naturals cassava flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A little extra cassava flour for flouring your board
- OPTIONS: your sauce and toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Pour water into the bowl.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, and add to the water.
- Mix on medium speed with hand mixer until dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a very lightly floured surface and knead until it forms a ball.
- Place dough on a greased baking pan.
- Using oiled fingers, spread dough to ¼-1/3 -inch thickness and shape it round.
- Dough will be elastic. Make sure to raise the edges so it holds your toppings and sauces.
- Spread just a bit of oil on top to keep slightly damp.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; add your sauce and then the toppings and return to oven.
- Bake until everything looks just how you’d like it, or for about 5-7 minutes.
- You can do a last minute broil if you like a crispy top too!