My goal was to find a way to make BBQ ribs in an hour or less. Well I’m happy to say I’ve achieved this goal and this recipe does just that thanks to America’s Test Kitchens!
- 4 pounds pork spare ribs (I proudly use 5280 pork ribs)
- 2 cups (at least) BBQ Sauce of your choice or make your own
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 7 1/2 quarts water or enough to cover the ribs fully
- Coconut oil (for grill)
- IMPORTANT: Ratio is 2 tablespoons salt to 2 1/2 quarts water
- Place 2 tablespoons of salt into 2 1/2 quarts water in a big deep pan or Dutch oven.
- Add ribs to water before heated ensuring all are submerged.
- Bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Heat up your grill now.
- Cover the ribs and cook for about 15-25 minutes.
- Cook until the THICKEST part reaches 195F degrees with a temperature probe.
- Leave in the pot until ribs are ready for the BBQ.
- Remove and dry with paper towels.
- Apply sauce liberally to your ribs.
- BBQ for 7-10 minutes each side.
- Add more sauce as needed.
- Do not let them burn.