An amazing Paleo recipe contributed by Elana Amsterdam and incredible publisher Ten Speed Press, from her cookbook, Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry. Enjoy paired with a fine glass of wine and served with her Paleo Shallot Crust.
- 1 pound organic bacon
- 8 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 prebaked Shallot Tart Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the bacon from the skillet and, when cool enough to handle, mince.
- Pour off and discard the fat from the skillet.
- Return the minced bacon to the skillet, add the scallions, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pepper, and salt. Stir in the bacon and scallions, then pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake the tart for 25 to 30 minutes, until browned around the edges and cooked through.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, then serve.