I cannot get enough of savory tarts and quiches such as this paleo and gluten free bacon tart recipe. To date my crustless quiche is one of my most popular recipes. There are so many varieties to play with and I find my imagination runs endlessly, and of course spills over into sweets as well. I even went so far as to create this amazing Paleo Apple Pie which is also gluten-free and raw.
Then comes Elana. I am excited to be giving away three copies of her fantastic cookbook right now! It is SO good! Go to my Giveaway Page and enter to win one! She blows my mind one delectable recipe after the next. Over the years I have learned from her and grown from her and so many other wonderful chefs, cooks and bloggers out there. I admire her simple approach without insulting anyone’s palate, striving for a healthy lifestyle. This aligns with my goals in food, nutrition and my recipe developing tremendously.
Below is an incredible tart you can double up and make as a crustless quiche but she shares this recipe in her latest book paired with her Shallot Crust Recipe. Did I fail to mention double yum?
This is yet another amazing Paleo recipe contributed by Elana Amsterdam and incredible publisher, Ten Speed Press, from her cookbook, Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry. Two other Paleo recipes by Elana: Upside-Down Apple Tartlets with a Coconut Whipped Cream can be found at the previously mentioned link. And please visit the link below to purchase her book.
Enjoy. I sure did!
“Reprinted with permission from Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes – http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-cooking/#purchase – by Elana Amsterdam (Ten Speed Press, © 2013). Photo Credit: Leigh Beisch.”Print
An amazing Paleo recipe contributed by Elana Amsterdam and incredible publisher Ten Speed Press, from her cookbook, Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry. Enjoy paired with a fine glass of wine and served with her Paleo Shallot Crust.
- 1 pound organic bacon
- 8 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 prebaked Shallot Tart Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the bacon from the skillet and, when cool enough to handle, mince.
- Pour off and discard the fat from the skillet.
- Return the minced bacon to the skillet, add the scallions, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pepper, and salt. Stir in the bacon and scallions, then pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake the tart for 25 to 30 minutes, until browned around the edges and cooked through.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, then serve.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.