I like coming up with new and different cookie recipes. When I was given tiger nut flour from Organic Gemini, I knew I wanted to find a way to incorporate it into a dessert. That is how, after much testing, I came up with this chocolate chip cookie with tiger nut flour.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut or almond milk (water is workable)
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup Organic Gemini Tigernut flour
- ¼ tsp. of vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chunks (amount is optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together in the order listed, chocolate chips last.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons or use a small ice cream scoop to place the dough onto your cookie sheet. Do not flatten.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Check at 5 minutes for doneness.
- Allow cookies to cool.
Freezing the cookie dough for later use works well. Keep air tight.