Coffee and chocolate. What more can we really ask for? These are great adult cupcakes and work well as an on-the-go breakfast that’s both sweet and a great pick me up, as well as an ideal dessert any time of day or night.
- ½ cup cold brewed coffee
- ¼ cup Dutch cacao
- 1/3 cup creamed honey
- 1/3 cup ghee or grass fed butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon finely ground almond flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Make sure eggs and ghee are room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, use a wooden spoon to cream ghee, honey, eggs and coffee together.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Batter will be fluffy and light.
- Line cupcake pan with a ½ dozen liners.
- Pour evenly into liners.
- Bake 15 minutes and test for doneness. They will spring back very lightly.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Decorate with dairy-free, sugar-free vanilla frosting.