This paleo dessert recipe was quite an adventure. I was trying to make cookies but things weren’t working out so with a little bit of this and a little bit of that I somehow ended up with this new delicious Coffee-Cacao paleo version of a cupcake just in time for a new slant on a Thanksgiving meal or dessert ideas. I work a lot in the kitchen to get recipes perfect and am a bit anal about it at times. Sometimes, like in this case, I end up with an entirely different recipe in the end though. Coffee and chocolate! What more could a woman ask for? These are great adult cupcakes and work well as an on-the-go breakfast or to finish off that meal just right.
I used my recipe for my cold brewed coffee. If you have never made your own cold brew, I highly advise you to try mine – low acid! It is very rewarding and simple to make. Plus, the health benefits of cold brew coffee are great for anyone with sensitivity to coffee or with stomach problems.
Major changes were made as the original recipe was for cookies and was a wet mess and did not hold form. I wrote to the recipe developer about her recipe and she removed her original post due to this and informed me she had not actually tested it yet. I was happy she took it down. That could have been a waste of money for someone. Her original recipe was called Love Buzz Biscuits ( cookies) and she is at Beyoutufullydelicious.com. She is a doll and she was very appreciative that this was brought to her attention.
Although they are not cookies anymore, I am sure you will enjoy them!
Also, if you’d like to see more recipes similar to this one, visit my eBook page and find the eBook entitled Decadent Chocolate & Cacao Recipes and Delights. Enjoy!Print
Coffee and chocolate. What more can we really ask for? These are great adult cupcakes and work well as an on-the-go breakfast that’s both sweet and a great pick me up, as well as an ideal dessert any time of day or night.
- ½ cup cold brewed coffee
- ¼ cup Dutch cacao
- 1/3 cup creamed honey
- 1/3 cup ghee or grass fed butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon finely ground almond flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Make sure eggs and ghee are room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, use a wooden spoon to cream ghee, honey, eggs and coffee together.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Batter will be fluffy and light.
- Line cupcake pan with a ½ dozen liners.
- Pour evenly into liners.
- Bake 15 minutes and test for doneness. They will spring back very lightly.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Decorate with dairy-free, sugar-free vanilla frosting.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.