Wow – this dairy free and paleo coffee ice cream is really something. Not only is it very easy to make, but it’s also egg free and sugar free. Vegans and those of you who eat paleo alike can absolutely enjoy this delicious, homemade soft serve ice cream. Be sure to serve it up alongside my apple tarts with chocolate or my raw hazelnut mint tart!
- 2 cans coconut milk
- ¾ cup – 1 cup Dolcedi, honey or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons instant coffee (rounded tablespoons if you prefer a stronger coffee flavor)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon rum (yes alcohol)
- OPTIONAL: 2 pinches vanilla powder
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan excluding the rum.
- Heat slowly and whisk the mixture the entire time.
- When very hot to the touch add the rum.
- Begin to gently simmer and keep it low.
- Stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat source and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a glass dish.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to chill completely.
- Place in ice cream maker and follow your ice cream maker’s directions.
- Leftovers can be covered and stored and will not harden.
- You now have soft serve coffee ice cream at any time you desire.