I prefer to make these at barbecues in place of French fries as a healthier alternative. They are gluten-free and grain-free.
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes (or 3 small)
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup oil
- OPTIONAL ½ teaspoon of:
- Ground ginger
- OPTIONAL: cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Combine orange juice and oil and reduce by simmering over the stove.
- Add seasonings.
- Thicken on medium-low heat.
- Add cayenne pepper if you’d like.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into “fries”.
- Place into a greased dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Toss halfway through with the spiced oil.