There is nothing better than fresh, sliced homemade paleo sweet potato fries placed on the table to dig into, or maybe loaded up in a basket for everyone’s access while watching a terrific movie at home. Serve these with my Easy Paleo Roasted Duck or if it is that special movie night you can also make some delicious Paleo Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookies or even my out-of-this-world homemade Paleo Gluten-Free Chocolate Bark with a dairy free option. Oh, life is so rough with so many tempting easy-to-make options…. 🙂 Just so you know, this recipe is full of flavor and really is easy and quick, and different! There is no big mess to clean up and kids LOVE to help or make these on their own, yet I do suggest helping to slice them up initially.
Have fun with this paleo and of course gluten free recipe and don’t forget, this is really a terribly easy recipe. It is also good as a snack, at the dinner table alongside an amazing beef or poultry dish and even heated up the next day. Enjoy!Print
I prefer to make these at barbecues in place of French fries as a healthier alternative. They are gluten-free and grain-free.
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes (or 3 small)
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup oil
- OPTIONAL ½ teaspoon of:
- Ground ginger
- OPTIONAL: cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Combine orange juice and oil and reduce by simmering over the stove.
- Add seasonings.
- Thicken on medium-low heat.
- Add cayenne pepper if you’d like.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into “fries”.
- Place into a greased dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Toss halfway through with the spiced oil.