How about an incredibly easy yet top-of-the-line recipe? Filet Mignon! The filet is from the most tender, smallest and most desirable end of the tenderloin. Please follow the recipe below on cooking it to your preference of tenderness, better yet, follow this terrific guide if you have a meat thermometer.
- 2 filets – ½ lb. each (1 lb. total)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak or BBQ seasoning of your choice
- 1 tablespoon course ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Sea salt and course ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your BBQ.
- Dry your filets.
- Mix all spices together with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Rub the mixture on all sides of the filets.
- Let sit for a bit at room temperature.
- Grease BBQ grill racks with oil of your choice.
- Grill for 4 minutes on the first side.
- Flip over and grill for another 4-5 minutes on the other side.
- If you prefer your steak rare, the filets will be ready at this point and you may remove them from the heat and skip to step 11.
- If you’re like me, I prefer to gently cook the sides a bit more. Reduce the heat and lightly brown the sides of the filets.
- Remove from the BBQ.
- Place the filets on plates or a platter.
- Cover with foil and let rest for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with salt and pepper.