It took a few tries of this and that to nail this one down, but now I present it to you in all of its delicious glory. Paired with my creamy tandoori dip or my favorite fast and easy chipotle dip, and you will be in mouthwatering heaven.
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Cajun spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 2–3 eggs, beaten
- Coconut oil
- 3 large green tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- Preheat oven to 250F degrees.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, Cajun spice, salt and white pepper in one bowl.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl.
- Add coconut oil to your pan and heat on high. Lower the heat.
- Add one sliced tomato to the egg dip and then flip over to thoroughly coat your tomato.
- Then dip tomato in the flour bowl to coat lightly on each side.
- Fry in plenty of oil on each side until golden.
- Remove and keep warm by placing in an oven-safe dish at 250F until all are cooked.
- Serve immediately.
These are delicious cold the next day!