- ¾ cup macadamia nut butter
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup organic honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid vanilla extract
- 1 egg (room temp)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/3 cup Lily’s Stevia Dark Chocolate chips, or regular if you prefer
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 slices cooked crispy bacon – I use 5280meat bacon
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoked salt (any salt or sea salt will work too)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the two nut butters, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and egg in a bowl.
- Mix well by hand.
- Add the coconut flour and salt and mix well.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Chill the batter a good 30-40 minutes or longer.
- Drop round tablespoon balls of dough on the parchment.
- Make a thumbprint.
- Add chopped bacon by pressing some into the hole.
- Add a small pinch of hickory salt to the top of each cookie.
- Place on rack in the center of the oven.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until slightly brown but not dark on edges.
- Remove from the oven and let sit on parchment.
- Remove to rack.
- Finish each batch as per the above.
These will last a few days. They will last very long in the refrigerator and are delicious cold as well.