This is one of those easy paleo recipes where you can make a whole bunch ahead of time and then freeze the rest and heat them up in the toaster oven whenever you want a hearty paleo breakfast, or even a delicious snack!
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 1–2 tablespoons honey (to taste)
- Butter or non-stick cooking spray
- Heat your waffle iron.
- Once hot, grease it with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, and baking soda together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Sift 2 times – this is key!
- Add the eggs, honey, and water to the flour mixture. Combine thoroughly.
- Spoon the batter onto the hot waffle iron. Cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve warm with syrup of your choice or a nice fruit platter.
Double or triple your ingredients to accommodate 2 hungry people.