Light, creamy and feels incredible in your mouth and makes your taste buds think twice, “can this be dairy free?” This is the result of this overly simple 4th of July or anytime recipe. Enjoy it alongside other brunch favorites such as quiche or paleo pancakes. Kids love to help make this parfait so don’t forget to include them!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup pitted large Medjool dates
- 4 cups purified water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fruit: bananas, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, etc.
- Soak the dates in 2 cups of purified water for 1 hour.
- Cover and soak cashews in purified water for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse the cashews only.
- Add the cashews, dates, water from the dates, vanilla and salt to a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Chill the cashew cream a full hour or more in the refrigerator.
- Now layer this to your heart’s content with your various fruit and alternate the cream.
- Check out my Buckini recipe to add texture and crunch to this delicious parfait.