Light, creamy and feels incredible in your mouth and makes your taste buds think twice, “can this be dairy free?” This is the result of this overly simple 4th of July or anytime recipe. Kids love to help make this paleo berry cashew cream parfait. This is a great brunch option with my Paleo Crustless Quiche or some Paleo Golden Pancakes. Of course, try my Buckini recipe with it too (included in the below picture): those little “Grapenut” looking bites of, “OMG, I’ve gone to heaven!”
Cashew nuts are the kidney-shaped seeds that adhere to the bottom of the cashew apple, the fruit of the cashew tree. These trees are native to the coastal areas of northeastern Brazil, one of my favorite places. I love the climate there as well as the lush forests. I even love the bodies those ladies have too – OMG.
Cashews are never sold here in the states with a shell like many of the other available nuts, because the interior of the shells contain a very caustic resin, which is termed cashew balm. This must be removed before the nuts are available for human consumption. It is so harsh that the caustic resin is used to make varnishes and insecticides.
Enjoy this healthy version of a dairy-free cashew paleo cream and you will be pleasantly surprised with the result; I don’t doubt that it will be asked for over and over again, plus the the various fruits make each piled-high parfait a completely different experience each time. Oh and have an incredibly wonderful 4th of July! Red, white and blue!Print
Light, creamy and feels incredible in your mouth and makes your taste buds think twice, “can this be dairy free?” This is the result of this overly simple 4th of July or anytime recipe. Enjoy it alongside other brunch favorites such as quiche or paleo pancakes. Kids love to help make this parfait so don’t forget to include them!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup pitted large Medjool dates
- 4 cups purified water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fruit: bananas, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, etc.
- Soak the dates in 2 cups of purified water for 1 hour.
- Cover and soak cashews in purified water for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse the cashews only.
- Add the cashews, dates, water from the dates, vanilla and salt to a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Chill the cashew cream a full hour or more in the refrigerator.
- Now layer this to your heart’s content with your various fruit and alternate the cream.
- Check out my Buckini recipe to add texture and crunch to this delicious parfait.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.