I am releasing my latest recipe, paleo boneless pork roast which is a twofold recipe. You can add BBQ sauce at the end of the cooking time, shredding the meat first, and you will have BBQ pulled pork! You may want to check out this breakfast option: Baked Eggs in a Porky Cup or a couple of dessert options such as Nutter Butter Bacon Cookies and Paleo Dark Chocolate Bacon OMG!
- 4 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast – (during cooking it will shrink almost in half)
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Goya Adobe Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons black or medley whole peppercorns
- 1 cup of chardonnay
- 1/3 cup of purified water
- 4 carrots, chopped into 1 inch hunks
- 3 celery stalks, chopped into 1 inch hunks
- 2 cups small purple pearl onions, peeled as needed (purple pearl onions have reddish-purple skin that’s similar in color to large red onions. Usually they’re milder in flavor than white pearl onions.)
- OPTIONAL FOR BBQ PULLED PORK: 1 jar paleo-friendly (no sugar) BBQ sauce or homemade BBQ sauce of your choice
- Clean your meat and dry it thoroughly.
- Season the roast liberally with cracked black pepper and Adobe seasoning (or seasoning of your choice).
- Place in crockpot and top with whole peppers.
- Add just a ½ cup of Chardonnay.
- Cover and cook on medium for 4 hours.
- Add another ½ cup of Chardonnay and 1/3 cup of purified water.
- Add all of your vegetables to the crockpot and cook for another 4 hours.
- OPTIONAL: Shred the pork and add BBQ sauce to make pulled pork.
- Place the roast on a serving platter and ladle the juices and vegetables around it.