Finally, a jewish style rye bread that’s true to Chicago standards, without the yeast or gluten; a true paleo rye bread. My husband and friends are hooked and I trust you will be as well!
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon salt (more is optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ¼ cup walnut oil (or oil of choice)
- 1/8 cup honey, melted but not hot
- 2 whisked eggs
- 1/3 cup caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 325F degrees.
- Place parchment paper on you baking sheet.
- Sift the flour, tapioca, salt and baking soda together in one bowl.
- Mix the oil, honey and eggs together in another bowl
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the caraway seeds.
- Add the vinegar and mix well.
- Let sit for at least 1 minute.
- Dollop the batter onto the parchment paper and shape into the size you’d like your biscuits to be. I use all shapes and sizes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the oven.
- Let cool on a cooling rack or serve semi-warm.
These freeze beautifully!