Which secret ingredient do I use to help make my ice creams stay soft? Well, read on and find out a little trick to making SOFT, and of course paleo, dairy-free and always gluten-free ice creams. I love to make this as it is terribly easy and quite quick. Two of my favorite fruits, peaches, and mangos are so delicious and nutritious. This is a very simple dessert and of course, it is dairy and gluten-free.
3 egg yolks
2 teaspoons rum
½ cup coconut cream
1 pinch salt
¼ cup honey or light maple syrup
1 can full-fat coconut milk (or cream)
¾ – 1 cup peach or mango puree
Optional: fresh fruit
- Place egg yolks, rum, coconut cream and salt in a pan over medium heat.
- Whisk non-stop!
- Bring to a near simmer.
- Add honey and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Add 1 can coconut milk (or cream).
- Add fruit puree of your choice.
- Blend really well with a hand mixer.
- Add to your ice cream maker according to your appliance’s instructions.
- Ice cream should be done in 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop in bowls or get it prepared in a dish to serve later.
- OPTIONAL: Top with fresh fruit.
The quality and kind of honey you use will reflect in the taste of your ice cream. I use a variety of different kinds ofhoney and tend to go for the fruitier, sweeter ones for my fruity ice creams.