Say “aloha” to this Paleo Dairy Free Coconut Creamy Frosting recipe that can literally be the icing on your cake!
1 can coconut cream
½ cup raw honey (may adjust according to preferred sweetness)
1 pinch salt
5 teaspoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon water
¾ cup coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk, honey and salt, simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine arrowroot and water to form a smooth paste.
- Pour arrowroot mixture into saucepan.
- Mix contents of saucepan with a hand blender. Whisk vigorously to combine, then bring to a boil, briefly, until shiny.
- Remove pot heat and very gradually blend in coconut oil with a hand blender.