Pesto is actually much more versatile than other condiments than you might think! Don’t just top it on your paleo pasta or paleo bread, but top your meats with it or spread it over some veggies for a burst of Italian flair of flavor!
- Handful of pine nuts
- 3 cloves of garlic, depending on taste
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 handfuls of fresh basil, chopped
- Olive oil
- Drop or two of lemon juice to taste
- Brown half of the pine nuts in a dry pan.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend together.
- If you prefer a more rustic pesto, grind the garlic with the basil leaves and salt in a mortar and pestle, remove, and then mash in the pine nuts.
- Mix with olive oil.
- Adjust the flavor of your dairy-free pesto by adding a drop or two at a time of lemon juice.