1 can coconut cream
½ cup raw honey (may adjust according to preferred sweetness)
pinch celtic sea salt
5 teaspoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon water
1 cup raw paleo approved chocolate chips
1 cup coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk, honey and salt to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine arrowroot and water to form a smooth paste.
- Pour arrowroot mixture into saucepan.
- Mix contents of saucepan with a hand blender. Whisk vigorously to combine, then bring to a boil, briefly, until shiny.
- Remove pot from heat and very gradually blend in coconut oil with a hand blended. Set aside about a cup for the filling.
- In a double broiler melt the chocolate chips and then slowly add the coconut cream mixture while blending.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place pot in the freezer or refrigerator for 30-60 minutes, until frosting solidifies.
- Remove from the freezer or refrigerator and blend again with a hand blender, until fluffy.