Looking for a Paleo Easy and Fast Chocolate Frosting? Look no further than this recipe to place atop your favorite desserts, or to just enjoy on its own. This is a raw recipe that is so good for my vegetarians and those in need of paleo and gluten free options when thinking dessert! As indicated in the title, it is very quick and easy and will yield a really fluffy, creamy option with a deep chocolate flavor.
One evening, when planning on making cupcakes for my friend’s birthday, I was in need of a chocolaty flavor to finish off the frosting. With all these ingredients staring at me in my kitchen, I got to work, and developed this new recipe. Chocolate lovers especially should give this one a try! If you want to, try this as a topper for the Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes, or Simply Delicious Cupcakes!
Keep in mind, the choice of your ingredients will always reflect on your end result in any recipe! The overall flavor on your palette is key and is what I strive for in creating the recipes. I have to focus on health and what I am developing at the same time, which can be a bit of a challenge. But, I adhere to this premise near always… of course there is the occasional splurge.
Let me know what you think and any specific dishes you would like for me to make here.Print
1 can coconut cream
½ cup raw honey (may adjust according to preferred sweetness)
pinch celtic sea salt
5 teaspoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon water
1 cup raw paleo approved chocolate chips
1 cup coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk, honey and salt to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine arrowroot and water to form a smooth paste.
- Pour arrowroot mixture into saucepan.
- Mix contents of saucepan with a hand blender. Whisk vigorously to combine, then bring to a boil, briefly, until shiny.
- Remove pot from heat and very gradually blend in coconut oil with a hand blended. Set aside about a cup for the filling.
- In a double broiler melt the chocolate chips and then slowly add the coconut cream mixture while blending.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place pot in the freezer or refrigerator for 30-60 minutes, until frosting solidifies.
- Remove from the freezer or refrigerator and blend again with a hand blender, until fluffy.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.