Easiest recipe ever! So fun and kids also love to make this, even husbands or boyfriends. It is a very rewarding recipe! It comes with fruit and nut options. Let your imagination run wild! Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, Vegan and Keto Approved!
- 16 ounces dark chocolate (I prefer 88%) or make your own totally sugar-free
- 2–1/2 cups of any combination: dried fruits of all shapes and sizes, nuts of various sizes and shapes
- OPTIONAL: Salt, chipotle, herbs and spices
- OPTIONAL: You may use Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chunks for dairy, nut and soy free options.
- NOTE: Brazil nuts are too large unless chopped, and I recommend chopping macadamia nuts.
- Line a Pyrex dish or a cookie sheet with thick tin foil: 11 x 7 for thicker bark or 9 x 13 for thinner bark.
- Prepare the fruit of your choice by cutting or leaving whole and set aside – variety adds eye appeal.
- Prepare the nuts and cut or leave whole – remember variety adds eye appeal.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or carefully in your microwave until creamy and wet/pourable. If using your microwave please be sure and do so in increments of 15 seconds and stir between. You can easily ruin your chocolate in the microwave.
- Pour the chocolate immediately over the tin foil evenly using a spatula to help get it all out.
- Arrange the fruits and nuts on your chocolate bark in whatever way you wish, or just toss it all on and let it land where it will.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or leave at room temperature (if cool) for a few hours.
- Once hardened, break up into pieces.
Add salt, chipotle, spices and herbs at any stage of this – even right after melting, but pour into foil right away!
I love to add course salt on half my chocolate to allow options.
Makes for a terrific gift!