This particular paleo hamburger recipe is always a huge hit. The secret? Cajun’s Choice blackened seasoning, which is to-die-for! And no, I don’t have any stock in this company 🙂
- Enough ground beef for 4 medium sized hamburgers
- ¼ onion chopped up very small.
- 2–3 tablespoons (depending on how spicy you like your food) Cajun’s Choice blackened spice
- Place your meat into a mixing bowl (make sure your meat isn’t frozen at all!).
- Add onion and mix well.
- Add all of the Cajun’s choice blackened seasoning and mix well.
- Divide the meat evenly and make 4 round burgers. Make sure the burgers aren’t too thick or else you will have a hard time cooking them. When you cook burgers they get thicker naturally so you can make them pretty thin.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Once oil is warm add all hamburgers.
- Cook for 2 min on medium heat on 1st side.
- Flip all burgers onto the other side and cook on medium heat for another 2 minutes.
- After this turn your heat down to low and let the burgers cook through.
- Cooking the burgers on high on both sides will trap in the flavor and make your burgers juicier.
- If you are really into spicy food like me you can sprinkle some more of the blackened spice on top of the burgers after you flip them onto the second side.
- Depending on how thick your burgers are and how you like your meat (medium, medium rare, etc) the time will vary.
- If you are new to cooking and aren’t sure, take one of the burgers off onto a plate or cutting board and cut into it from the center to one of the sides. this way you can check to see how pink it is in the inside.
- Make sure all your burgers are the same thickness so they cook evenly.