Paleo Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect treat. I am a firm believer that eating healthy doesn’t mean depriving myself of goodies. And believe me, this is a goody!!
2½ cups hazelnut, ground
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup gluten-free dairy free chocolate
¼ cup chopped nuts of your choice
½ cup organic honey
2 tablespoons spectrum shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In one bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine honey, spectra, and vanilla extract.
- Preheat Oven at 350F degrees
- Mix the wet into the dry.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Place 1 tablespoon balls onto parchment lined pan and flatten slightly (about 1/3 inch thick).
- Bake approximately 7 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Place in refrigerator 5-10 minutes to harden
- Remove, store and enjoy!
If you do small balls, baking time will it will be 6-8 minutes, depending on if you flatten them a bit and how soft you like your cookies.
If you use a larger spoon, they will need more time, and again it depends on how soft you like your cookies.