A dessert recipe that has “healthy” in the title? Welcome to my paleo-ish diet, where the foods you eat are actually GOOD for you AND taste good!
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup Medjool dates (soft ones)
- ¼ cup 100% dark chocolate powder (I only use organic)
- Finely crust the walnuts in a pestle.
- In a separate bowl or food processor, make a date paste with your dates by mashing them and adding no more than 1 teaspoon pure water.
- Mix the walnuts and dates together.
- Add your chocolate powder.
- Blend evenly.
- Take a teaspoon or small melon ball scooper and make small, even balls.
- You can refrigerate and eat the treats in 30 minutes or you can flatten (like I did) and dehydrate at 105F degrees for 12 hours.