This Paleo High Fiber Bread recipe is easy to make and great for weekday sandwiches, rolls or muffins. These are delicious and full of fiber.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¾ cups arrowroot
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional for light sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease muffin tins or bread pan or lay parchment on cookie tins. (See below)
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs for 1 minute with wire or electronic whisk.
- Add honey to eggs and whip in.
- Slowly fold wet ingredients into the dry.
- Mix thoroughly but do not over mix.
- Add vinegar to mix and thoroughly incorporate.
- Allow to sit about 1 minute.
- For muffin tins and bread pan, fill 3/4 full.
- To make rolls on the parchment paper, put 1 heaping tablespoon on parchment.
- For muffins, bake 12-15 minutes until slightly springs back when touched. Remove to cool or serve warm.
- For rolls (on parchment), bake 10-12 minutes until slightly springs back when touched. Remove to cool or serve warm.
- For mini loaf pans, bake 22 minutes until slightly springs back when touched. Remove to cool or serve warm.
- Double recipe for a full size loaf bread. Bake 45-55 minutes.
Once cool, these will last forever in ziplock baggies in the freezer and they warm beautifully or simply thaw to room temperature for future use.
They taste great as a sandwich bread, with melted butter, with jams, etc.