This is a delicious replacement to the standard legume-laden hummus recipes, as legumes cause an inflammatory response in your body and are resistant todigestive enzymes. So enjoy the heck out of this recipe!
- 1/4 cup creamy tahini
- ½ green medium sized zucchini
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic (to taste)
- Juice of two small lemons
- 1–1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon extra fine ground sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Hungarian smoked paprika for garnish
- Extra olive oil for garnish
- Cut zucchini in half, length wise.
- Scoop out the inside of the zucchini – getting the pulp.
- Place pulp into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the tahini and garlic cloves and blend.
- Add the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, onion powder and cumin.
- Blend all until creamy.
- Place in a small appetizer serving dish.
- Top with olive oil and some paprika.
- Serve with Paleo crackers or thin sliced Paleo toast.