This recipe is simple to make and can be mastered by anyone. Great for a quick on-the-go breakfast and perfect to make ahead and eat later or the next day.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk (or regular milk) minus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup walnut oil
- 3 ½ cups Almond Glory Mix (a grain-free mix you can find on the internet)
- 1 ¼ cups sugar of choice (I use 1 cup of date sugar and ¼ cup of brown Lakanto)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- OPTIONAL: ghee, butter or coconut cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix egg whites, milk, butter, vinegar, vanilla and oil together in a bowl – let sit and curdle.
- In a separate bowl thoroughly mix the Almond Glory mix, sugar and baking soda together.
- Add the curdled egg mixture to the dry mixture.
- Mix until the batter is thick and pulls away from the sides of the bowl (do not over mix).
- Spoon the batter into your muffin tins lined with lightly sprayed paper liners until ½ to 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes at least.
- Cool or eat semi-warm.
- If you wish you may serve these with ghee, melted butter, jams, preserves or my coconut cream topping.