This recipe is so delicious; it’s hard to believe it is just three simple ingredients! For protein, you could add pine nuts, grilled chicken or do like I did, and add ground beef to the pasta sauce. I also added some onions and greens to increase the micro-nutrients.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Tomato and basil sauce (homemade is best)
- Coconut oil
- OPTIONAL: Add meat, onions and greens to any healthy store-bought marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut squash in half and clean out the seeds.
- Place on a roasting pan in center of oven with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in each cavity.
- Cover lightly with tin foil.
- Bake your spaghetti squash for approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- You can serve your sauce in the halves, or scoop out the insides with a fork to see the actual “spaghetti noodles” and serve on plates with sauce on top.