This recipe is so delicious; it’s hard to believe it is just three simple ingredients! I don’t know about you, but I love pasta. It is one of the best comfort foods on the planet! That’s why it was so hard for me to give it up when I realized going paleo was the right thing to do for my health. So there is nothing better than a few different versions of paleo spaghetti to satisfy the cravings. I have other ways that I make pasta but this is a quick and easy way. I enjoy a recipe that saves me time.
Now I can enjoy a big, delicious bowl of “pasta” without worrying about any of the drawbacks of eating grains. This is also a great way to increase your veggie consumption. Most Americans are eating nowhere near the recommended amount of vegetables, but this recipe can get you back on track. For protein, you could add pine nuts, grilled chicken or do like I did, and add ground beef to the pasta sauce. I also added some onions and greens to increase the micro-nutrients.
Taking a fork and scraping out the insides of the spaghetti squash (used in the recipe below) is a terrific way to get your kids involved and helping in the kitchen. The squash yields long strands that look just like pasta! Kids love to learn and this is one way to teach them early on how food is unique and offers so many possibilities. Be sure to let me know how this recipe turns out for you! Enjoy!Print
This recipe is so delicious; it’s hard to believe it is just three simple ingredients! For protein, you could add pine nuts, grilled chicken or do like I did, and add ground beef to the pasta sauce. I also added some onions and greens to increase the micro-nutrients.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Tomato and basil sauce (homemade is best)
- Coconut oil
- OPTIONAL: Add meat, onions and greens to any healthy store-bought marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut squash in half and clean out the seeds.
- Place on a roasting pan in center of oven with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in each cavity.
- Cover lightly with tin foil.
- Bake your spaghetti squash for approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- You can serve your sauce in the halves, or scoop out the insides with a fork to see the actual “spaghetti noodles” and serve on plates with sauce on top.