Try this filling in your favorite paleo cupcake recipe. Goes beautifully with both chocolate and vanilla flavored cupcakes and cakes!
- ½ cup coconut “cream” (not milk)
- 4 heaping teaspoons strawberry jam
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon arrowroot
- Mix the coconut cream and jam together.
- Heat on low/medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the 2 egg yolks.
- Add the 2 egg yolks to the warm coconut cream mixture before cream is too hot.
- Keep whisking and immediately turn to low and keep whisking. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in arrowroot powder.
- Turn heat up to medium/high until it begins to bubble then turn off the heat.
- Remove from heat source and let cool for a few minutes.
- Place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to set.
You may add organic food coloring for a brighter red in the first step.