Cupcakes have gotten so popular these days, haven’t they? What a craze we’ve seen in the world of baking! Cupcakes are everywhere these days, and I see them all the time in cookbooks and cooking magazines (I have TONS of these around the house!). As soon as I see a picture of a beautiful, moist-looking cupcake, usually topped with some gorgeous decoration, my mouth just starts watering! So it was only fitting that I share my paleo strawberry cupcake filling with the world.
This is one of those paleo dessert recipes I came up with after seeing a strawberry-filled cupcake on a magazine cover. Yah, you know, one of those! Just nearly died! The trouble was, it was a traditional cooking magazine, not paleo one bit.
Off I went and I found a paleo image I liked on an Instagram page (Dame Dayne I believe?). So, I looked up the recipe on her site. Figured I’d give it a whirl. That was over a year ago. I am not sure how much I have altered it now as she is no longer active on Instagram and I cannot find her or her site.Print
Try this filling in your favorite paleo cupcake recipe. Goes beautifully with both chocolate and vanilla flavored cupcakes and cakes!
- ½ cup coconut “cream” (not milk)
- 4 heaping teaspoons strawberry jam
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon arrowroot
- Mix the coconut cream and jam together.
- Heat on low/medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the 2 egg yolks.
- Add the 2 egg yolks to the warm coconut cream mixture before cream is too hot.
- Keep whisking and immediately turn to low and keep whisking. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in arrowroot powder.
- Turn heat up to medium/high until it begins to bubble then turn off the heat.
- Remove from heat source and let cool for a few minutes.
- Place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to set.
You may add organic food coloring for a brighter red in the first step.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.