Do you ever feel like you just need a vacation? Well, I can’t give you a vacation, but I can give you a recipe that will make you feel as if you were on one.
2 ounces small pearl tapioca
2 cups coconut milk (not cream) – I used unsweetened, boxed, pourable, drinkable coconut milk.
¼ teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Optional: Pinch ground vanilla beans
- Place tapioca and coconut milk in a medium-sized saucepan and let the pearls soak for 25-30 minutes.
- Add the salt to the tapioca and milk, and gently heat over medium until it simmers.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer very gently for 10-15 minutes stirring often so the tapioca does not stick! The mixture will thicken and pearls will become transparent.
- Once done, remove from heat and stir in honey, and extract.
- Pour mixture into 4 cups and place in the refrigerator until chilled, approximately 2 hours. The pudding thickens more with refrigeration.
- Serve as-is or with a pinch of ground vanilla beans on top for looks and flavor.
- On step 4 you can also add a pinch of ground vanilla bean but it will slightly darken your pudding.
- Pudding can last longer if covered in the frig.
- I used boxed, pourable, drinkable coconut milk sold in all stores.