- 1 large parsnip, peeled and shredded
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3 leeks (white and light green parts only) or 1 onion, chopped
- ¾ cup almond flour (or your favorite grain-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs, beaten (or egg substitute)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ – ½ cup oil
- In a colander, rinse the parsnips and potatoes under cold water. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towels; transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the carrots, leeks (or onion), flour, baking powder, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop in large spoonfuls of the batter, flattening each with the back of a spoon. Cook, turning once, until brown and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the latkes to a paper towel-lined baking sheet in a 200F degree oven until ready to serve.