Paleo Sour Cream, Dairy-Free Cashew
Cook/Baker: Tina Turbin
Who says you can’t do paleo Mexican? Yes, that’s right! Here is some yummy paleo sour cream made from cashews. It’s pretty amazing what sort of dairy substitutes you can make from cashews: milk, “cheesy” sauces, and even ice cream! This is an area I’ve been meaning to do some kitchen experimenting in, by the way, so if you have any cashew-based dairy substitute recipes, please contact me! I’ll keep you posted on what I come up with!
- 3 cups cashews, soaked for at least 4 hrs.
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (or more to taste)
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ cup filtered water
- Drain water from the cashews.
- In a high-powered blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- You can add additional salt or honey to your personal taste.
From my kitchen to yours,