Who says you can’t enjoy paleo Mexican food? Well I’m here to tell you, you certainly can! Here is some yummy paleo, dairy-free sour cream made from cashews. Top these mexican zucchini boats with this delicious sauce or these amazing paleo tacos!
It’s pretty amazing what sort of healthy dairy substitutes you can make from cashews: milk, “cheesy” sauces, and even ice cream! This is an area I’ve been meaning to do some kitchen experimenting in, by the way, so if you have any cashew-based dairy substitute recipes, please contact me! I’ll keep you posted on what I come up with!
Paleo Sour Cream, Dairy-Free Cashew
- 3 cups cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey, or more to taste
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ cup filtered water
- Drain water from the cashews.
- In a high-powered blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- You can add additional salt or honey to your personal taste.