This cheezecake goes perfectly with my Raw Chocolate Pie Crust.
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 8 tablespoons Yacon, organic honey or coconut nectar
- 8 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, finely ground
- 1 large orange, juiced (no pulp)
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons 100% berry jam of choice such as raspberry or boysenberry
- 3 cups ripe strawberries
- Lemon juice to taste
- 3 dates
- Blend cashews, coconut milk, vanilla powder, sweetener of choice, and lemon juice in a high-speed blender.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients.
- Blend 2 minutes on high until very creamy.
- Pour on top of your crust of choice. I suggest my Raw Chocolate Pie Crust.
- Freeze for 6 hours.
- Remove 30 minutes prior serving.
- Blend all sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour on top of your filling after it has been sitting in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then return to the freezer for the remaining time.
Here’s another method for putting this recipe together:
1. Line a 9-inch springform pan with wax paper on the sides and bottom. I like to make and freeze my crust.
2. Remove from freezer and pour a thin layer of sauce on bottom.
3. Return to freezer and freeze again.
4. Remove again and pour cheezecake filling on top. Return to freezer.
5. Remove from freezer and pour the remaining sauce on the top.
6. Top with fresh berries. Freeze another 2 hours.
7. Always remove 30 minutes prior to serving.
8. Blending of colors may occur if you don’t freeze between layers but that way is beautiful as well.