I’ve created many paleo bread recipes that are actual bread loaves and quick breads, but this recipe is without a doubt very easy and everyone in our house and all our friends love these and eat them all the time. Busy women, men and children also love to make these. They are easy and fast to make.
- My paleo pancake recipe version 1 or version 2 – leave 1 – 1-1/2 cups extra batter, or use your own pancake recipe.
- Add one more whisked egg at room temperature.
- Add 3–4 tablespoons more almond or chestnut flour.
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of ground flax or a touch of ground flax seed
- 1/8 teaspoon more baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon more vinegar
- Any small seed for texture if you’d like – for “bready” feel
- Mix all ingredients together with pancake batter.
- Be sure that your batter is a bit thicker and not too runny.
- Grease pan with sufficient coconut oil.
- Allow oil to melt.
- Get pan good and hot.
- Place a heaping 3-4 tablespoons on the hot oiled pan.
- Try and add each tablespoon to the middle so the pancake does not spread.
- You are trying to keep it shaped and thicker so it will later slice in half for two pieces of bread.
- Turn heat down.
- Flip once it is cooking well through at least the middle.
- Again, keep it shaped and the size you want for your “bread” slices.
- Take off once cooked throughout. Let cool.
- Start over with another HOT pan or this will not work.
- Place in freezer in air tight bag or fridge to cool.
- They freeze beautifully.
- Slice in ½ and use as your last minute breads.
- No one will know, and your taste buds will love you.
You can do this to that last cup of batter you have left from your pancakes. Don’t have any left over? Well make more or make extra from the get-go.