These paleo golden pancakes are so delicious! I recently hosted a brunch for some girlfriends of mine and served these pancakes along with my Paleo Gluten-Free Quiche and fresh fruit. I made the quiche the day before and prepared these pancakes in the morning before the ladies arrived. I heated the quiche in the oven and kept the pancakes warm in the toaster oven. I love doing brunch this way – delicious and healthy paleo food and I’m still able to completely enjoy my guests. So easy! Serve these pancakes with some Paleo Gluten Free Spiced Butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.
My golden pancakes freeze nicely too. Just place the pancakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place the pancakes in a single row. Freeze them for several hours then stack them with a slip of parchment between each of them and toss them in a freezer-safe ziplock bag. You’ll have pancakes whenever you want them. Just take one from the freezer and pop it in the toaster to heat up in a flash. Now that’s fast and easy paleo!
Paleo Golden Pancakes
- Bowl #1:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 pinches ground organic vanilla powder
- Coconut oil for pan
- Bowl #2:
- 4 large, grade-A eggs, whisked together
- 2-3 tablespoons organic honey
- ¼ - ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix your dry ingredients from bowl #1 together.
- Sift the dry ingredients twice.
- Mix the wet ingredients from bowl #2 together.
- Add as much almond milk to bowl #2 to thin it down, but don't let it get too runny.
- Add wet to dry, don’t over mix.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat pan and add coconut oil.
- Pour a ¼ cup of batter into pan.
- It will bubble a lot and that is when you will gently flip the pancake.
- Turn heat up and down as needed to get the golden pancakes we all prefer.