These are some of the softest and moistest cookies when it comes to a cookie-like brownie. May I introduce my latest indulgence and first ever violation of true paleo on my website in 2014: the Soft Cacao Brownie Monster Cookie.
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup super fine ground organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a glass bowl beat your egg whites with a beater until they form a stiff peak when holding the bowl upright (facing the ceiling).
- Add the sugar slowly while beating.
- Add vanilla extract and cacao slowly until well incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and nuts at the end and gently fold in.
- Use a large spoon or large soup spoon and place 2 large scoops a few inches apart on the parchment. Make them slightly irregular yet round.
- They will spread out slightly.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes.
- They will start to form a slightly harder “shell” on the top, yet will be very moist inside.
- Remove and let cool thoroughly. These cookies are meant to have a very soft and light brownie texture inside.
- Gently place the cookies on a platter and serve.
If allergic to nuts, omitting these is fine.