- 2 large turnips
- 2 tablespoons room temperature coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for baking pan
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (more or less according to preference)
- Optional: additional sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Line your baking pan with sturdy tin foil.
- Coat the foil with ½ teaspoon of coconut and wipe off excess.
- Peel the turnips.
- Cut in 1/3“ (large) French fry strips.
- Place in a deep bowl.
- Pour coconut oil on the cut raw turnips and coat all liberally.
- Add salt and mix in well.
- Add parsley and coat thoroughly.
- Add garlic powder and coat thoroughly.
- Add chili powder and coat liberally.
- Bake 15 minutes in middle of the oven.
- Remove and flip over, then bake another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove when they are crispy.
- Salt as desired and serve as they are or serve with a creamy dip.
These turnip fries will not be crispy like a McDonald’s French fry. They will be less firm but they will be FAR BETTER for you and unique and delicious.