There are so many variations of popular vegan chocolate chip cookies. I know that I’ve made my fair share. I’m happy to share another variation with you that combines all of the healthy goodness of a paleo cookie with all of the deliciousness of tigernut flour and chocolate.
- 1 flax egg (combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds [measure the seeds after grinding] with 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit and then use.)
- 1 tablespoon coconut or almond milk (water is workable too)
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup Organic Gemini Tigernut flour
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chunks (optional on amount – can use more or less if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease your cookie sheet or use parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Mix all of the ingredients in the order listed, chocolate chips last.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons or small ice cream scoops of dough onto your cookie sheet.
- Do not flatten.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- At 5 minutes, check for doneness.
- Allow cookies to cool.
Freezing the cookie dough for later use works well. Keep air tight.